It's been one week since I've gone back to work and the transition for me hasn't been the easiest. I did pick a good time to come back, though, because the month between Thanksgiving and Christmas is pretty slow, so my days haven't been too long. But after being home with Daniel for three months and really never being away from him, it's hard to go eight hours every day without being able to see him or touch him or smell him. Aunt Jean is amazing with him and it's so much fun to see how they have become good buddies, so that definitely makes it easier to leave him every day. Easier, but not easy, because I just feel this low-level, ever-present sense of loneliness when I"m at work. Coming home every day is the best, though--seeing Daniel's little face light up with recognition and feeling his body relax as I feed him.
Which brings me to why I've been so slow at posting--I'd rather hold the little man than upload videos and write witty messages. Sorry! I'm writing this at 1:27 am, after I finished my middle-of-the-night pumping. I think this is a good time to get a post in, but if you read something that just makes no sense, check out the time that the post got published. Ha!
Anyway, I'm trying to catch up on video posting. For some reason, Daniel's paws look like they're huge in this one, as he plays with a new toy that came with a chair loaned to us by the Attwoods:
2 comments:
I LOVE your videos, comments, so Zachary is wrong about no interest and my baby does have meaty paws!
Welcome to the world of Mama Guilt!
I was just telling someone yesterday why I still sometimes let the kids sleep with us. For me, as a working mom -- that extra time at night tips the scales in my favor. Otherwise, they'd see their daycare provider/teachers more each day than me.
I'm constantly walking a fine line when it comes to guilt. There's plenty of work guilt too.
Anyway...it totally stinks, but it does get easier, I guess. Oh, and nothing compares to their little faces when they see you at the end of the day. Even at ages 2 and 4, mine are still super excited to see me when I pick them up.
Post a Comment