Monday, December 15, 2008

Mahalo, Aunt Jean!



A big, huge, gigantic thank you to Jean for staying with us for the last two and a half weeks. She was amazing with Daniel and the two of them became very good buddies while I was making the transition back to work. I had absolutely no anxiety leaving him every day because I knew he was in very good hands.

Because of Jean, we now know that Daniel loves to have someone sing in his ear--Robin in the Rain is a favorite, as well as selected show tunes. I think I need to Netflix a few musicals because Daniel is a big fan.

We dropped off Jean at the airport today and everyone was very sad to see her go back home to Buffalo. It's time for her to get back to Bob and the sisters and her daughters. Leah and Anna, your (future) children are very lucky to have a grandmother as wonderful as Jean!






5 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, look how much happier he is to have his Aunt Jean hold him instead of hanging in his carrier?! You guys are so lucky to have had family come help with Daniel! When Layne is done with her Hawaii rotation, send her to us - she'd rather spend the fall semester with us in our new place in Chicago instead of back in Lawrence, right?!

Lesley said...

Layne would definitely love Chicago--but I think my parents would hunt her down so they could drag her back to Lawrence. Maybe Lauren would be available? (:

The Schoellkopf Family said...

Aw what wonderful pictures!!!! Looks like you guys had a wonderful time with Jean, and it is no surprise Daniel loved her, Jack can't get enough of her! (Incidentally, thanks to Jean, Robin in the Rain is also a favorite of Jack's!) She's the best!

Anonymous said...

The pleasure was all mine. Danieal is a wonderful baby and Lesley and Zach- you are so relaxed. that makes all the difference in the world. Also, thanks for the flattering pics. I miss you guys,

Jean said...

The pleasure was all mine. I miss you guys so much. Thanks for the flattering pics.