Monday, October 27, 2008

Mommy's day out!

Or, more accurately, Mommy's four hours out! I was able to make my escape to go to the salon on Saturday morning because I desperately needed to wax my way back to having two eyebrows. After that mission was accomplished, I went to a charity wine-tasting event with my friend Laura. The event was held at the Paul Mitchell (the hair guy) estate in Lanikai, about twenty minutes from our house. It was great to socialize with adults and have a good time, all while helping out a charity. Win-win!

Zach stayed home with baby D and had a great time as well. He did ask me several times, "How does it feel to abandon your son?" My reply--"Great! Thanks for asking!" It was definitely a little weird to be out on my own, but I think it's healthy for all three of us for me to have some time away and for Zach to get a little taste of what my life is like everyday. He also asked me as I was heading out the door, "What does Daniel like to do?" Well, he's 8 weeks old, so there's a lot of sitting around, feeding, pooping, napping, etc. Not a lot of Lego-building together at this stage of the game.

Here are a couple of pictures of me. From my weight right before the baby was born until now, I've lost 26 pounds. As you can see, I still have a ways to go, but progress is being made! And say goodbye to my long hair--I'm donating it to Locks of Love on November 12th. I cannot wait to have a change!


2 comments:

~Kimberly said...

Glad you were able to get a few hours away...it's great isn't it?! You look great!

Anonymous said...

You are lucky to get to leave your baby this early on....I think Sonia is still waiting to get four hours away from her kids (J/K)! Didn't you feel like you forgot something at home the whole time?!?