We're definitely getting into more of a routine around here. Which is good, because I am a very Type A personality and I like to have everything in its place! In the morning, Daniel usually wakes up between 6:30 and 7:30, so he eats a little and then we go for a walk around the neighborhood. I strap him into the Pikkolo carrier and we head off for about a 3-mile walk. We have some good hills, so I'm usually sweaty at the end of our walk. Daniel sleeps the entire time, even when dogs bark at us or the trash truck lumbers by.
After our walk, it's bath time! He's really starting to like the bath, but he HATES being dried off. As soon as that towel touches his head, he goes ballistic. So drying him, putting his diaper back on, and dressing him is a loud endeavor. After he's dressed, he's usually ready for a big meal, so we have a quiet feeding time. By now, it's usually around 9:30 or 10, so it's back to sleep for my little man. Daniel sleeps for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours during this mid-day nap, so I can take a shower and get some housework done.
When he wakes up, we do some tummy time on the floor. He's getting a little less mad at the whole process, but it's still not his favorite thing. He's lifting his head really well and using his arms to help him scoot across the floor. Then he eats again and we play or read some before he's ready for another nap. This one is usually short, maybe 1 1/2 to 2 hours. After this nap, we either take another walk in the stroller (down to the mall or the post office or the grocery store, depending on what I have to do--it's about a 2 1/2 mile round trip) or we get in the car to run errands. Daniel's getting much more cooperative about being in his car seat. He still likes to voice his disagreement at the beginning of the ride, but he eventually resigns himself to the confinement and falls asleep.
At about 5, I try and start making dinner. Nothing fancy, but usually very healthy--lots of fruits and veggies and whole grains. Maybe that's why little D is packing on the pounds. Zach usually gets home around 6 and then it's time for him to get good play time in with the little man. Daniel takes a little nap around this time, but he likes to eat when we're eating, so I've become very adept at eating one-handed. He starts being ready for bed around 8 but doesn't actually fall asleep until 9:30 or so, so some nights can be frustrating.
The last four (FOUR!) nights, he's slept for 6+ hours after putting him to bed. I think I cracked the code on what he likes. Daniel loves having a blanket over his legs, but he would kick it off and that would wake him up. So now I use the swaddling blanket and only swaddle his legs. So they're covered and he can't kick it off! Perfect.
So that's our daily existence. Here's a video of him falling asleep where he gets one of those cute sleep smiles on his face for a couple of seconds:
2 comments:
Ok, this might be super dorky, but when Avri was a baby he did not like getting dressed in the a.m.!!! I would sing a little tune for him. "Avri's wearing a red shirt, red shirt, red shirt. Avri's wearing a red shirt all day long. Ha ha. He would stop crying, so it was worth it!!!
Wow, he sleeps through the garbage truck?! Those things are like freight trains! Glad to hear you are on a schedule! Isn't that nice?
Post a Comment