Friday, August 19, 2011

Beach Days (Monday & Tuesday)

Last weekend, our visitors arrived!  Zach's aunt Deirdre, uncle John, cousins Andrew and Joshua, and Andrew's girlfriend Sam all made it to town on Saturday.  While they settled in at their beach house, I drove to Raleigh on Sunday to pick up Zach's brother Tom.  The boys stayed at the beach so I didn't have to drag them on the 5-hour round-trip drive to the airport.  (And I had a chance to do a little shopping by myself when Tom's flight was delayed!)

We've spent pretty much every day at the beach this week, just hanging out on the sand and in the water, heading up to the house for food and naps.  The beach is so much more fun when the ratio of adults to kids is high.  And when someone else sets up the tent and chairs.  And when there's a shower right there.  Basically, what I'm saying is that everyone is welcome to come visit us, but please rent a beach house for the week and it'll be a lot more fun!
Just doing some stretching in the kitchen
Ben with his new buddy, Sam 
Why won't Dan nap like this with me?
Tom, on the lookout







No comments: