Saturday, January 3, 2009

Someone thinks I'm funny

While I may never make it big as a stand-up comedienne, at least Daniel thinks I'm hilarious. For some reason, it cracks him up when we're playing and I break eye contact to look at the TV or my mom or anything. If I look back at him very quickly, he breaks out into adorable giggles. Maybe he thinks that I forgot he was there in those few seconds where I wasn't paying all my attention to him? Who knows what's going on in that growing brain of his!

We've had some quiet days with Zach gone. We're going to mail his first package to him tomorrow. Nothing exciting like cookies or other treats, mostly just stuff he forgot when he left.

Dan's adjusting to the separation. In the days leading up to Zach's departure, he really wasn't interested in nursing at all. He would still nurse at night, but in the daytime, he would only drink bottles of pumped milk that Zach fed him. So I think he could sense that a change was coming. Of course, I was feeling very left out and worried that this was going to be a permanent nursing strike. But now he's fine with nursing again, so I'm glad that Zach and Daniel got the chance to bond through feeding before he left.

Here's Daniel, laughing at my silliness:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMG, he's just so darn cute. I say that every time. He even did the little laugh squeak. Oy, I wish I could fly to Hawaii and visit!!!!