But, contrary to what these pictures might imply, she hasn't taught him to read quite yet. Maybe if we give her another two weeks, that'll be the next big accomplishment!
The Baby Whisperer (sorry, Aunt Jean, but my mom is the current title-holder):
Big boy in his bath, with a washcloth for modesty, of course:
8 comments:
I am so impressed! Napping in his own bed! How did you do it?
Following one of our books, my mom puts Dan in his bed between 9 and 10 in the morning. If he cries, she leaves him there for an hour and if he's still awake after that hour, she gets him up and tries again at the afternoon nap time of 1 pm.
Another bonus is that all of my terrible cleaning projects (the kitchen blinds, the oven, windows, etc.) are getting done because my mom can't stand to just sit and read or watch TV while the buddy is crying. So she cleans!
Wow! Napping in his own bed is huge! (Although your explanation makes it sound more like crying in his own bed . . . but hey, you gotta start somewhere!) And what a little reader he is! Moo Baa Lalala has been one of our favorites too! Has anyone got him Mama Voted for Obama yet? Jack LOVES it! Carries it around and kisses Obama- our little democrat!
The ratio of sleeping to crying has definitely improved, just over the last two days. Please don't send Child Protective Services my way! (:
Wow, if getting him to nap in his bed and nearly sleep all night is all she accomplishes, I would chalk that up as a great success! What wonders grandma's can do! Gotta love 'em!
Lesley,
I talked to your mom on Christmas Day and she told me your exciting news. I've read your blog-he is a cutie! I hope you don't mind if I continue checking in.
Sounds like grandma is doing a great job. Hope she has a wonderful visit.
You and your family are in my prayers. Kathy Jayroe
So do you want to send your mom my way and see if she has any luck with Andrew's sleeping habits? :) He's 2 and I'm just now reading "Solve your child's sleep problems" by Dr. Ferber. I long for the day he'll go to sleep on his own!!!
Sure, she's cheap labor! I really like "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Baby" by Dr. Weissbluth. The cry-it-out method may seem harsh, but it gets the job done quick!
Post a Comment