Thursday, September 30, 2010

Rainy days...

Well, it's almost 3:00 on Thursday afternoon and it's been raining since Wednesday morning.  And not just a little drizzle--I think the words "torrential downpour" would be appropriate.  We haven't had rain in quite some time, but this is just getting ridiculous.  Being stuck inside for the last two days has made me realize more than ever that we're lucky to live in a place where we can play outside year-round (generally).  I really don't ever want to live somewhere with extreme cold in the winter or extreme hot in the summer. Sorry, Buffalo or Yuma, you're out!  (:

Dan has become much more interested in feeding himself (and I've become much more patient with him taking longer and making a mess).  He's actually pretty good, considering that baby spoons are so flat that I can't imagine how anything stays on them for the trip from plate to mouth.


 Here are Dan and Ben, sharing the changing table.  Dan always wants to "lay down with a Ben" so I put the two of them up there, closely supervised of course.  Ben is a surprisingly good sport, most of the time.

 Ben, with Daddy on the couch:
 And here's Dan, in a very similar position, when he was 3 months old:

2 comments:

Lauren said...

I know what to get Zach for Christmas - new shorts!

Lisa said...

Dan's eating my little gourmand's fave: mac 'n cheese, peas, and yogurt. But, we mix the peas into the mac 'n cheese for greater likelihood of consumption.

I was going to make a comment about Zach wearing the same t-shirt for 2 years, but I guess that's probably "Marine green" that he wears under a flight suit or something. . . .if that's not part of his uniform, then you need to get that guy some new clothes.