After being stuck in the house for two days this week (25 inches of rain in 48 hours make it hard to go anywhere), it was so nice to see the sun yesterday and today! I think it took that much rain to wash away the high temperatures and crazy humidity that we've had since June. Today was gorgeous--crisp and clear and fall-like, finally, so we headed down to Wilmington for Riverfest. I think there were pirate-themed activities (flotilla at dusk, boat rides, etc.) but I mostly saw fried foods and vendors selling homemade crafts. And many, many people who looked like they should be on an episode of What Not to Wear.
Luckily, I was wearing Ben in the front-pack, so no one could really see my ill-fitting, post-pregnancy clothes. Ha! Dan rode in the stroller, but he wanted to "Walk! WALK!" everywhere. When we got to the kids' area, we let him walk around a little (with Zach supervising) while I found a quiet bench to feed Ben. Zach and Dan looked at the fire engine and a few other things until Dan was brave enough to go in the bouncy pit by himself. As you can see, his shyness wore off quickly:
No comments:
Post a Comment