We had a great time, even though it was approximately 150 degrees. No, not that hot, but I've become accustomed to temperatures that stay in the 70s and 80s, so I was a little toasty. We saw giraffes and elephants and tigers and monkeys and snakes and pretty much every other kind of cool animal that you can imagine.
The petting zoo was pretty cool. They had different areas: Asian Farm, American Farm, and African Farm. Each one had little food pellets that we bought for 25 cents and then fed to the animals. Mom made the mistake of going to the food pellet station inside the fence, so all the goats swarmed her and she couldn't even get the food out without wedging her body against the machine to block the greedy goats. It was quite humorous to the rest of us, not so much to Mom.
After having some beets for lunch:
Today we're planning a little shopping. Aunt and Grandma came up from Oklahoma and Aunt's favorite activity is shopping so I'm happy to oblige. I'm looking for a homecoming dress--even though Zach probably won't even notice me since he'll go straight for the baby. But at least I'll look good in pictures!
5 comments:
Now that we've seen Dan and the State's most popular tourist attraction can we get a picture of Dan at the Ball of Twine?
It's way out in western Kansas, so no pictures of that, sorry. I have been to the World's Largest Hand-Dug Well, though, and that was pretty cool.
I love the zoo! (so does andrew) And Zack will notice you!
OK...two things. 1. The Sedgwick County zoo is awesome!! It is one of the best zoos in the country. Period.
And, 2. The ball of twine is not in "Western Kansas"...it's in Central Kansas, specifically Cawker City. Cawker City is another hour or so north from here. If you come to Salina...we could road trip! (Us Central Kansas folks like to tell people that we aren't from Western Kansas. I don't know why. Pride? Pity? Not sure).
I'm serious about visiting Salina, if you're up for it. I'll take a day off.
The world's largest hand dug well???? Where is it and why did you go?
Post a Comment