Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Toddlers & Trucks

Apparently, Toddlers & Trucks is the west coast version of Touch-a-Truck.  Different name, same concept that we know and love.  This event was really close to our house, at the same park where Dan plays soccer and Uncle Jesse plays tennis.

We headed there on Saturday and had a great time.  Our first stop was the fire truck, of course.  Then the boys raced remote control monster trucks.  I'm pretty sure Zach had the most fun.  After that, we walked around and checked out all the trucks: garbage, cement, bus, off-road racer, etc.  Ben and Dan even wanted to get their faces painted.  Dan chose a spider and Ben was undecided until he saw the.....watermelon?  The watermelon drawing really spoke to him and he just had to have it.  Ben is a strange duck, that's for sure.

You can see Dan's fat lip in some of the pictures--don't worry, he's fine.  On Friday evening, he fell off the arm of a chair in our living room and hit his lip on the edge of the fireplace.  It was a pretty deep cut on the inside of his top lip, but the ER doc said that he didn't need stitches.  Both boys had dental cleanings scheduled yesterday anyway, so I was glad to have the dentist take a look.  No loose tooth, no permanent damage.  Just a fat lip to show off at school!

(I know I'm behind on pictures of Hannah, so I'll work on that today.  She's sitting up all the time now and providing lots of entertainment for her brothers, especially when she falls over.)

















No comments: