Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Calvin's birthday party!

Whoa, it's been awhile since my last post!  And I can't claim that we've been super busy, but I have been super lazy.  Zach's been gone for over a month and sometimes it's just enough to get out the door with all three kids, let alone all three kids and a camera.  My parents and Aunt Earlyn were here last week and we had a great time with them.  But I didn't take many pictures!  Aunt did so I guess I should have uploaded her memory card before they left.  Lesson learned....

On the 14th, we headed down to Bonita (really just a part of the greater San Diego area, but about an hour from us) for Calvin's birthday party.  Calvin's dad was in Zach's squadron in Hawaii.  More recently, they drove through Leavenworth last year and stayed a night with us.  Since then, they've added baby Jane to the family!

The party was at a large park near their house.  The kids had a great time climbing trees, playing on the playground, eating hot dogs, putting their heads in the ice bucket (okay, just Ben did that), and whacking a pinata.  Dan was even the lucky guy who broke open the pinata!  It was nice to see old friends and give the boys a chance to run around on a not-so-sweltering day.









Dan said, "I don't want to eat the bread part." Um, that's cake, buddy.  Hand it over.

No comments: