Monday, May 16, 2011

Strawberry Pickin'

Today was a long, long, long day.  How do kids know that Mondays are supposed to be difficult?  I think Dan and Ben had a pre-dawn meeting (complete with coffee) to strategize how to wear me out today.  Whatever plan they decided on, it was an unqualified success.  I am tuckered out and ready for bed and it's only 7:35.

The best part of the day was picking strawberries with our Topsail Tykes group.  We met at Lewis Farms in Wilmington and picked until our buckets were full.  Or, more accurately, until I got tired of carrying Ben while wrangling Dan.  Then it was homemade strawberry ice cream time--the best part of the trip by far!  Now I need to figure out some recipes to use up all these great berries...


Not quite ripe there, buddy.


How Not To Pick Strawberries, by Dan Rashman

1 comment:

Mrs. Campbell said...

I love Dan's outfit! :) Sorry it was a rough day, but at least you got some yummy strawberries!