Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Car Wash

Last week, I had the bright idea to take the Explorer to the car wash because I thought that Dan might enjoy it.  Oh, how wrong I was.  By the screams of terror coming out of the car, you would've thought that you were in a Guantanamo Bay torture chamber.  Dan's screaming and crying and wailing led to Ben getting in on the action, so the car wash was not the fun adventure that I was hoping it would be.  And I think I have permanent hearing damage.

For a few days after the misadventure, Dan asked me, "Why were you so scared at the car wash?" That's the question I asked him several times, but he gets a little confused about pronouns.  So I said, "I wasn't scared, Dan.  There's nothing to be scared of at the car wash." To which he replied, "Did you see all those brushes?" But what his tone of voice really says is "Um, were we in the same car?  Because those brushes were pretty terrifying."  Oh, kids really do say the darndest things!

The boys holding hands in the Harris Teeter cart, probably relieved that they're not at the car wash:

3 comments:

Jean said...

That is so funny!!!

Lisa said...

I made that mistake with a puppy once; I think my shirt got a hole in it from the dog's claws as she scaled up my torso and buried into my face.

Maybe you can take Dan to the car wash where you get out of the car and watch it go through on a conveyer. It's being inside the suffocating tomb with strange odors and mist wafting in that's frightening. Or maybe that's just me!

The Georgers said...

Bridget's terrified too, yet she sometimes asks to go to the car wash. Often, when we drive by, she'll say, "No go to car wash." I've taken her through a few times, and she cries every time- shaking and screaming. I always say, "it's just soap and water." So that's the phrase she'll repeat for days. The carwash is just soap and water.