Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Major Dad

Zach was promoted to Major yesterday!  He was selected for it way back in December 2009, but it took this long to actually pin on the rank (and get the raise--my main concern).  He claims that it's no big deal to get promoted, but we are very proud of him regardless.  I dressed the boys up in their best (and only) matching sweaters and we went to the squadron to watch the promotion ceremony.  It was a short ceremony--a Marine read the promotion order, the commanding officer read Zach the oath and he swore to it, then I helped pin on his new rank.  A couple of fellow pilots wrangled the boys while all this was happening.  Dan did interrupt the ceremony a few times to announce, "Go see the hocter (helicopter).  WANT TO GO SEE THE HOCTER!" If Marines weren't so serious during these things, I'm sure a few would have at least cracked a smile.

Congratulations, Zachary!  Unfortunately for him, I promoted myself yesterday to Lieutenant Colonel, so I still run the show around the house.





5 comments:

~Kimberly said...

Whoo Hoo! Congratulations! And may I be the first to congratulate YOU on your self promotion to Lt. Col! I think I will see if there is a fast track for me to get to that rank and bypass Nick. I"ll be in touch! hee hee Or I could just stick to my current title THE QUEEN!

The Schoellkopf Family said...

Congratulations Zach!!! And Lesley- I am impressed you got pilots to wrangle the kids AND take pictures! Well done!

Melanie B. said...

Congrats!!!! You clean up nice there Lesley!! :)

The Rashman Family said...

Congrats, Zach! That's wonderful news. Lots of love, The MO Rashmans

Leah Kaplan said...

Congrats Zach! I miss you guys! :) Hope to see you soon! xoxox