Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Happy 33rd to me!

So I'm now 33!  Now I know why my parents and family never really made a big deal out of birthdays growing up (McDonald's parties when we were little, a few presents and friends for a sleepover as teenagers).  It's so I wouldn't be disappointed later in life when my birthday rolled around and all I got was a 2-year-old throwing a tantrum and peeing his pants in the driveway when he didn't want to come inside.

I kid, I kid.  A few cards came in the mail, my sisters sent me a lovely present, my mother-in-law sent a very pretty shirt, and my out-of-town husband even managed to wish me a Happy Birthday the second time we talked during the day.  (He claims that no one had to remind him, but I remain skeptical.)

The best part of the day was when my neighbor Jill brought over dinner and dessert.  Yummy homemade pizza and these amazing Oreo cake balls that I saved for later so that I could shove them down my gullet while I watched Biggest Loser.  What?  I'm pretty sure I could eat 1,000 Oreo balls and still not qualify as a contestant.

"Happy birthday, Mommy!  Aren't we being well-behaved?"
Aaah, that's more like it
Dan and Ben and baby Grace


1 comment:

Lisa said...

Please share more details on the Oreo balls! :-) In college, my sorority had a special dessert called CCBs, which stood for chocolate covered balls, but we always said CCBs. Anyway, tennis ball sized vanilla ice cream ball rolled in crushed Oreos and served in a bowl with hot fudge. So much goodness! We didn't have them often since they were a pain for our cook to make 50 or 100 of them!