Sunday, June 13, 2010

Pool fun

Summer has arrived in North Carolina! It's been at least 90 degrees with about 90% humidity the last few days, which is really fun at 30 weeks pregnant. Ha! I bought Dan a kiddie pool a few weeks ago, but it took me awhile to get my act together to buy a pump and actually get the thing blown up. I made the mistake of filling it with water at about 9:00 in the morning, so the water was pretty close to boiling by the time Dan and his buddy Morgan jumped in at 4:30 or so. We actually had to drain about half the pool and refill it with colder water from the hose. Lesson learned!

Dan and Morgan loved splashing around and throwing the pool toys. They also loved getting in and out, in and out, over and over and over. I think the pool was half full of grass and leaves by the end of their swim session from all their running around. They loved the water and had to be dragged, kicking and screaming (literally), from the pool when it was time for bath and supper.




2 comments:

Layne said...

Dan looks so much older and bigger all of a sudden!! I can't wait to hang out with him! :)

The Schoellkopf Family said...

Looks like fun!! We love pool fun, and yes, getting in and out 20 times is half the fun!