I love being Dan's mom! He decided to wake up a little earlier than normal just so he could give me extra hugs and kisses on Mother's Day. We went on our normal walk and played outside a little bit before coming in and baking some yummy cookies. After a lovely afternoon nap for both of us (that was his present to me!), we drove into Jacksonville to check out the maternity section at Old Navy. It had about four items in it, so that was a quick trip. Then we went to the playground and Dan ran around like a maniac for half an hour or so until I got winded. For dinner, I ordered carry-out from Olive Garden because there was no way I was going to wait in a long line just to eat by myself with a 20-month-old! Dan's in bed now and I'm sitting on the couch with my feet up. All in all, a good day! (Big thanks to Mary Ellen (Zach's mom) for my beautiful Mother's Day bouquet!)
Here's a quick video of the little man be-bopping around the house. I'm in the process of turning our breakfast nook into a play area for him. I'm still waiting on the bases for the cubbies and for the train table, but I think it'll be a nice place for him to play when it gets too hot to be outside.
1 comment:
I can't believe he's talking! Still seems like he should be 1 year old (like when we pretty much saw him last) BUT, I bet if you asked him ANYTHING, he'd answer YES! Addison did the same thing. Oh he's growing up!!!! Miss you guys! HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!
Post a Comment