Zach received tools, so now he can actually fix stuff around the house. But only if someone comes to help him, of course. I received my second cast-iron skillet, so apparently my family really wants me to make some good stuff when they visit. And Dan received trucks, books about trucks, and clothes that he can wear while playing with trucks.
On Tuesday morning, Zach went out with my Uncle Verl to feed the cows and break the ice on their water. He also shot a turkey, but don't tell anyone because December is not turkey season. The rest of us spent a cold day in the house, eating, reading, taking naps, and playing games. It was a gloriously relaxing day!
Unfortunately, the stomach flu fairy visited overnight and Wednesday was a pretty miserable day for me. I woke up feeling bad and got progressively worse throughout the day. The highlight was probably asking my dad to pull over on the drive home so that I could throw up next to the highway in Oklahoma City. Thank goodness my mom never got sick because she bore the brunt of taking care of Dan while Zach and I were recovering. Thanks, Mom! On Wednesday night, Zach felt well enough to see Avatar with Lauren and Jesse while the rest of us were dying at the house.
Some family pictures (sans me because I was indisposed) in front of Aunt Earlyn and Uncle Verl's fireplace:
Thursday was New Year's Eve, but none of us were feeling well enough to go out and get crazy. Wait, who am I kidding, we wouldn't have gone out anyway. (: I spent the day resting on the couch and getting ready to leave. On Friday, New Year's Day, we flew back to North Carolina uneventfully and made it home about 9:00 that night. Whew--sorry for flying through multiple days, but I am ready to move on from the holidays! Since we've been back, Dan had his first haircut, so that'll be the next post!
No comments:
Post a Comment