Monday, January 4, 2010

Let's start from the very beginning....

A very good place to start! And since it's been so long since I've posted, I don't have much choice. But I have good reasons for being absent, dear reader, so please bear with me.

On Sunday, December 20th, we packed up the Explorer for a short drive to Raleigh where we were supposed to catch our flight to Buffalo. If you can remember back that far, the East Coast had been hit by a major snowstorm the day before, which impacted our travel plans since we were supposed to lay over at Dulles. After checking in at the desk in Raleigh, I received a text from United that our flight was cancelled. After talking to an agent on the phone, we learned we wouldn't be able to fly out until Tuesday evening, so we decided to have ourselves a little road trip adventure!


After an overnight stop in Frederick MD, we arrived in Buffalo late Monday afternoon. Dan was excited to meet his Uncle Tom for the first time and he was very ready to be out of the car! Sorry for the quality of the pictures, but I hadn't bought my new camera at this point, so I was still making do with my phone.

Reading with Granny Rash:

Much, much, MUCH more to come...

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Yeah, can't wait to hear TWO WEEKS worth of adventures! But, I'm most glad to hear you didn't attempt that winter roadtrip in the Grand Ain't or the Thunderbird!

Jean said...

Glad to see he has digger man with him