After this, the pagan worship of Pan came to an end and his temple was abandoned, but the city around it prospered. It then went into a decline after the Muslim conquest in the 7th century. Like Nimrod's fortress, Banias changed hands many times because of its position on the crossroads between Lebanon and Syria.
We walked through the remains of the temple and the city, to include an old flour mill and a synagogue. There was also a beautiful waterfall that we were smart and drove to (instead of doing an hour and a half hike).
Guess I didn't take as many pictures as I thought I did! It was really cool, but maybe I was pictured out.
Our last stop was another nature reserve with a beautiful wading pond. At first, we were all hoping for a swim stop, so we were a little disappointed when the water was only ankle-deep. Then we got in the water and it was FREEZING cold, so it's probably a good thing that it was only ankle-deep.
No comments:
Post a Comment