Later on in the day, we headed into Lahaina for some window shopping and lunch. When we got back to the hotel, we hit the pool. I'm a little paranoid about Daniel getting too much sun, so we waited until late afternoon to get in the water. I lather him up with 50 SPF sunscreen every time, but he's still getting some color, so I think he's just naturally got a bit of an olive undertone to his skin. But I swear that I'm not rubbing on the bronzing oil--he's just naturally a brown baby!
Daniel is becoming much more comfortable in the water, as you can see. He loves splashing around and putting his face in, mostly so he can drink the water like a puppy. I even dunked his whole head under and he didn't mind a bit. I can't wait to start him in swimming lessons!
The sunset was gorgeous and we had the perfect view from the beach in front of our hotel. The island of Molokai is off in the distance and it was definitely a romantic setting. Too bad Zach is thousands of miles away!
3 comments:
He almost sounds like he's making bird calls in the middle of the grass video! I'm glad you referred to it as grass; I had been meaning to ask if it was perfectly manicured grass or a synthetic surface. It's Maui; of course it's perfect grass!
Loved the pool video... maybe he was just thirsty MOM!!!!
We had the same float thing for Jack in Florida- it's a good one because they can still reach water! We did swim classes when Jack was about 10 months old I think and we loved them! I think we may go back again in the fall
Post a Comment