Friday, May 1, 2009

13 years later....

Well, this is it. Tomorrow is my last day of wearing a Navy uniform. I'm still technically in the Navy for two more months, but I'll be on leave so I don't have to go to work, so tomorrow is my real last day. I've definitely had some good memories but I'm ready to move on.

Here are some pictures from my first day at the Naval Academy, July 2nd, 1996.

Lauren, Layne, and my mom in the middle of a long, hot day:

Moving all my gear:

Right after the swearing in. This would be the last time I saw the family until Parents' Weekend at the end of August:



I'll have Layne take a few pictures of me tomorrow on my last day in uniform.....

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Wow, I can't believe it's been 13 years since we headed off to college! I sported a pretty short hairdo that summer, too, but not navy short! :-)

So, does this mean you're retired now?!

(Oh, and thanks for the giggle at Lauren's grouchy face this morning, too! What a fun Friday. :-))

Jean said...

You are sooo cute in that hat!!!Congrats on your last day and the start of a new civilian phase.

Anonymous said...

Lesley, I am absolutely loving those photos ............. especially of Lauren and Layne!! Also, Wilson, Grant and Elise loved the "Donald" photos of Daniel! I hear you are going to be in Wichita soon? Hope to see you.

Aunt Jill (for Uncle Craig and the children)