Our plan for the day was to take a catamaran to snorkel Molokini in the afternoon. Molokini is what's left of an old volcanic crater that is mostly submerged. Now it's a very popular dive and snorkel location because of its awesome coral foundations and tropical fish. I've flown over it in the helicopter many times and always wanted to snorkel there. Alas, it was not meant to be......
Because Daniel and I spent our afternoon in the ER of Maui Memorial Hospital instead! About two weeks ago, we put shoes on him, just for fun and because he NEVER wears shoes. I guess the shoes were a little small or maybe his chubby feet just weren't used to being confined because he ended up with blisters on his left pinky toe and right middle toe. Somehow the blisters got infected and a big red spot started to grow on his left foot. Better safe than sorry (plus Zach kept thinking it was gangrene), so I had him checked out at the hospital. There was an infection, so the ER doctor sprayed some numbing stuff on his foot and sliced open the blister to drain it. The antibiotics have kicked in now and everything seems to be fine.
Layne did go snorkeling, however, and said it was a great time. She even got to see a shark, just a "little" four-foot long one. I wish I could have gone, but now I have a reason to go back to Maui!
For dinner that night, we hit Teppanyaki Dan (!), the Hibachi restaurant in the hotel. The Sheraton had a really cool promotion where guests can call the front desk, say, "I want to be green" and the maid service will be turned off the next day. In exchange, the hotel gives a $30 credit to one of the hotel restaurants. We only took advantage of the offer one night, but we could have done it each day we were there. Pretty cool offer! Anyway, Dan was very impressed with the knife skills of the chef, even though he did seem a little scared when he lit the onion volcano on fire. Dinner was delicious and the little man was kept entertained so I could actually eat!
The Dan in the Mirror:
1 comment:
he seems to be frustrated that the little man in the mirror is putting his hands in the same spot that Dan is. does it remind you of that I love Lucy episode with one of the Marx brothers or am I showing my age.
Post a Comment