Thursday, April 16, 2009

Who needs toys?

I think I'm done buying toys since Daniel seems perfectly happy playing with any old thing that we have lying around. To include the nose-snot-sucker-outer thingy (that we have not used yet to suck snot out, so don't be grossed out).

In other news, Zach's car broke down today. I've had to have one or both of the cars towed on every deployment, so hopefully this was the one time for that occurrence this deployment. I was taking Daniel to get some immunizations when the low coolant light came on and the engine temperature needle started inching toward the red. I was planning on ignoring those warning signs when smoke started coming out from under the hood. Time to put on the hazards and pull over. Dan was very good, staying quiet while I googled a tow truck company, gave them a call, and figured out how the two of us were going to get home. A huge thank you to Kim T. for coming to our rescue!

Turns out that the plug or seal or something in the coolant reservoir was leaking, so all the antifreeze had leaked out. The Grand Aint will be good as new tomorrow! We will be rollin' in late 90s, Jersey style soon (that's for you, little Deirdre).

4 comments:

Jean said...

Could you ask them to fix the head light? or was it a tail light. I've been worried about that.

Sara G said...

I can't believe you still have the Grand Aint! Are you guys bringing it to the mainland or leaving it behind? I hated when cars broke down when the guys are away....I always felt like it was a test and I always passed with flying colors....it is kinda nice to know that I can do things all by my self!

Frank Booth said...

Anti-Freeze in Hawaii?
Are you climbing up Mauna Kea or something?

Lesley said...

Anti-freeze, coolant, po-tay-to, po-tah-to!