The little man has been introduced to solid food! He's not exactly a fan, as you can see in the video. I ground up some organic brown rice, heated it up into a mush, then thinned it out with breastmilk. I thought it looked like a delicious concoction, but Daniel didn't quite know what to do with the texture. I think he still has to figure out how to swallow something besides milk. Judging by the size of him, I think he's doing just fine on milk alone, but it was fun to try something new. We'll keep at it and before we know it, he'll be eating everything in sight!
Feed me, Mommy!

What, no filet mignon?



Open wide:
6 comments:
Ummm, I think I would spit out ground organic brown rice w/breast milk, too. hee hee. :)
Melanie B.
You are doing it exactly right! That's the way they look and act when you start solids. Good job Mom! Love, Granny Rash
when he stares into the camera with his mouth full it looks like he's trying to contact someone on the outside to report a possible poisoning! The dish sounded delicious until the breastmilk went in....oh, wait. It's for Dan..never mind
I knew pureed veggies and fruits wouldn't be too hard, but I never though about making homemade rice cereal! Good work!
He didn't look THAT horrified. . . keep us updated on how much he likes it the rest of this week!
I made Jack's babyfood myself (but not the cereal- you are very ambitious!) I typed up all my "recipes" (really just tricks and pointers I figured out as I went) for a friend. If you would like I can certainly send it your way! (Although, as I said, sounds like starting with rice cereal you will have no trouble with the easier stuff!)
He looks at you like "MOM! What are you trying to feed me?!" Too cute. And Grnny Rash is right..that's what they look like :)
Post a Comment