So, no breakfast in bed. We had a fun morning anyway. We went down to the Natural History Museum and saw the new pirates exhibit. The kids thought it was pretty cool, but older kids probably would have appreciated the information more. They also liked seeing the dinosaur bones and watching the 3-D shark movie.
Then in the afternoon, we headed a few miles up the road to a winery. Yes, I took my three small children to a winery for my birthday. We met up with some friends from school and the neighborhood and had a picnic in the big grassy area behind the tasting room and the patio where all the childless people were. The kids had a great time, climbing on the rocks, blowing bubbles, and getting a toy parachute caught in a tree. Hannah and I also had a great time, snacking and chatting with my friends.
All in all, not a bad way to spend a birthday!


1 comment:
I was just reading a "Napa with Kids" article. They made it sounds totally do-able! :-) Happy birthday to you. I've still got 4 more months of being 35!
Post a Comment