Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Weekend in Wichita

Zach headed to Buffalo last weekend for his cousin Deirdre's wedding, so the kids and I made a quick trip to Wichita.  I'm sure I would have survived by myself in Leavenworth, but it sure was nice having extra sets of hands around to help.  Plus, my grandma and aunt and uncle came up from Oklahoma and met Hannah for the first time.

I'm so thankful that all the kids are really good travelers.  Dan and Ben like to read their books or play with small toys or just look outside.  Hannah sleeps and sleeps and sleeps.  My dad had been in Leavenworth with us, so we caravanned to Wichita.  He was a huge help on our one stop on the Turnpike.  Without him, it would have been a big production to take a bathroom break so I'm glad he was with us.  And I'm really glad that my mom and sister are going to drive cross-country with us next month.  Four adults watching three kids is probably just the right ratio for a successful trip!

In Wichita, we didn't have any big plans, so the boys played outside a lot.  Hannah and I stayed on the porch in the shade while Dan and Ben dug in the garden, got muddy, hosed themselves off, and ran through the sprinklers.  After a long, cold winter, I'm hopeful that spring is finally here to stay!













No comments: