Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Olympics, Gymnastics, and McDonald's

No rest for the weary around here!  Hannah is a real trouper and just goes along for the ride, being ferried from place to place in her car seat.  Thank goodness she likes her seat and will sleep pretty much anywhere.

This morning, Zach didn't have to be at school until 10:30, so he stayed home with Ben and Hannah while I watched Dan at the Rainbow Olympics at school.  It was supposed to be outdoors but it was pretty overcast and chilly, so it was in the gym.  Lots of fun stations were set up--a bouncy house, an obstacle course, an area for tricycle riding, etc.  I got to see Dan do three events before I had to leave for gymnastics.  He had a fun time hitting a balloon with a fly swatter, building a tower of cookies, and riding trikes.  I wish I could have stayed to see him pick up marbles with his toes!









Zach, Hannah, Ben and I then headed onto base for gymnastics.  Zach was able to run around with Ben for the first half of class and then I took over when he had to go to school.  Ben loves gymnastics, but he's not the best listener.  Or line-waiter.  Or rule-follower.  But he has fun and works out some energy, so I guess I can't complain too much.





After gymnastics, we came home for half an hour so I could feed and change Hannah.  Then we picked Dan up from school and headed to McDonald's for lunch with a friend from his class.  The McD's in Leavenworth has a giant indoor playground so the boys hit that pretty hard.  And now everyone's napping, so our busy morning was a success!



No comments: