Monday, May 13, 2013

Touch-a-Truck Topeka

This post is a little out of order since I wanted to get the cousin pictures up quickly so Granny could see them.  Last Thursday, the kids and I drove to Topeka to go to Touch-a-Truck.  My cousin Julie told me about it and I knew the boys would love it just as much as the one we went to in Wilmington.  We met Julie and baby Jake and my other cousin Kelly (home from grad school in Vermont) and kept our fingers crossed that the predicted thunderstorms would not materialize.  Luck was with us and the weather was gorgeous.  Dan and Ben loved all the trucks, especially the city bus, the chip truck, and the pothole patcher.

After touching all the trucks, we went over to a giant playground in Gage Park and had a little picnic lunch.  Well, Ben and I ate with Julie and Jake while poor Kelly chased Dan all around the very muddy playground.  I thought I was being smart by dressing the boys in red shirts (easy to pick out in a crowd) until a school bus of field trip kids arrived and every single kid was in a red shirt.  Oooops!













No comments: