I had a great video of Dan going down the hill and then wiping out but the boys accidentally deleted it before I put it on the computer. Ooooops! Ben really wasn't into sledding this time around so he mostly just wandered around the yard and jumped off the brick wall a hundred times. Dan loved the sledding even though it made Layne nervous to see him careening down the hill toward a storage shed and a barbed wire fence. So she stationed herself at the bottom of the hill, just in case.
One of the funniest parts of the whole trip was when Unc came out of his small barn and said in his slow Oklahoma drawl, "Zach, have you done much welding?" Lauren, Layne, Jesse and I almost died laughing at the thought of Zach having welding experience. Well, he now can be considered a welder because Unc gave him a mask and put him to work. Zach said he welded two pieces of metal together into something he likes to call "art." I don't think Unc will be turning over full welding responsibility any time soon.
 |
| Dan's reaction when we tried to take the sled to a steeper hill in the yard. Change is hard. |
 |
| Dramatics after a snowball in the back. |
 |
| Sledding is hard work. |
And that's it for the Christmas posts! Hard to believe that next Christmas we'll have added a 7-month-old to the mix.
One final picture of the boys in their superhero sweaters and hats from Aunt:
1 comment:
I know I shouldn't be reading this in class, but I am... and the thought of Zach welding made me laugh out load.
Post a Comment