Thursday, January 3, 2013

Christmas Eve

The weather in Wichita was bitterly cold most of the time we were home so it was a challenge to come up with fun indoor activities to keep the boys occupied.  On the morning of Christmas Eve, we broke out a gingerbread train kit and decorated it.  Well, Dan and I decorated it while Ben ate one piece of candy at a time.  Dan actually got really into it which kind of surprised me.  Maybe more arts and crafts are in our future (yippee?).








That afternoon, after naps, we headed to an indoor ice skating rink to try our luck on the ice.  I was off the hook since I'm pregnant and haven't been on ice skates in close to a decade so Zach and Uncle Jesse took the boys for a few laps around the rink.  And when I say a few, I mean a few--like maybe four laps before the boys were tired of falling down.  Zach and Jesse were happy to quit too; it must have been exhausting to skate, hunched over, while trying to keep a squirming boy upright.  Maybe next year we'll have more luck but I'm not seeing the NHL in our future.





No comments: