Last Saturday, I took the boys for a mini-road trip to Topeka to check out the Kansas Childrens' Discovery Center. The plan was to meet up with my aunt and cousins but a combination of sickness and ER visits conspired against us, so it ended up just being Dan and Ben and me. We'll try to get together there sometime soon because the boys loved it and can't wait to go back!
It's a small place but every little area is something that the boys are interested in--digging, changing tires, a play restaurant, scarves in wind tunnels, a real carpentry area, etc. It was like a very scaled-down version of Science City and I really appreciated not having to chase them all over the place. It was small enough that Dan and Ben could be in different areas and I could still keep an eye on both of them. I highly recommend a visit if your travels take you to the capital of Kansas.
1 comment:
Several of those displays are like our local children's museum (which Will LOVES so we have an annual pass). However, we do not have a car repair station. I'll have to put that in the suggestion box! Looks like a blast.
Post a Comment