When we were at my parents' house, it was too hot to play outside very much. But after supper one night, the weather cooled down to 98 degrees or so, and the garden was in the shade, so we let the boys go out and dig. My mom and dad and I stayed in the air conditioning and supervised from the window, of course. As we were watching, Dan picked up a giant shovel of dirt and dumped it all over Ben's head. He did this a few more times until my dad went out and told him that if he did it one more time, he was going straight to the bath. The my dad came back inside and we just watched and waited.
I felt like I could actually see the little devil on Dan's shoulder, telling him to just dump one more shovel of dirt on Ben's head. To Dan's credit, he resisted for about three whole minutes but then the temptation was too much to overcome. So he did one last dump and ran in and put himself in the bath. In his head, he was probably saying, "Totally worth it."
No comments:
Post a Comment