No trip to Wichita would be complete without a few hours of swimming at Jill and Craig's house (Craig is my dad's brother). They have a gorgeous pool with lots of floating toys and a diving board. Dan can jump in from the board and swim all the way to the ladder by himself now! He's getting pretty good but he needs to work on using his arms more.
Ben is also quite the swimmer. He stands on the edge, says, "Go away, Mama," and then launches himself. He can turn around in the water and get himself back to the wall all by himself (no life vest or flotation). Must be all the Olympic swimming I've made him watch--he's a little Michael Phelps! Sometimes I wish he had just a little more fear of the water because I really can't take my eyes off of him for one second, but I'm glad that he loves swimming and isn't a weenie about putting his head under.
No comments:
Post a Comment