Saturday, August 4, 2012

Hot morning at the zoo!

Last weekend, Dan and Ben and I drove to Wichita to stay a few days at my parents' house.  I love being just a short 3-hour drive from them!  But we can't get too used to it, since we're only here for a year before we move to one of the coasts (or beyond).

On Monday, my mom had to work so Layne and I took the boys to the zoo.  The temperature was supposed to reach 105 that day which means that we got there right at opening time and only stayed a couple of hours.  Luckily, the boys were very interested in the snake/lizard building (air conditioned!) and the rain forest (more humid than outside, but not as hot).  We had a great time and Layne did a fantastic job taking pictures so I didn't have to for once!


He insisted on jumping off every. single. bench.






Helping "paint" the barn. 

"Mommy, what are they DOING?"




Seriously, this kid acts like it's torture to take a picture with me.


Dan's favorite part of the zoo: the bridges.

No comments: