Sunday, October 16, 2011

Poplar Grove Halloween Fest

After naps yesterday, we headed to Poplar Grove (a plantation house near us that hosts events on its grounds--weekly farmer's market, antique car shows, seasonal parties, etc.) for their annual Halloween festival.  A few kids were dressed in costumes but Dan and Ben were not.  They're going to be dinosaurs and it was about 80 degrees yesterday afternoon and I didn't want them to overheat!  

We had a great time, especially Dan.  He bounced his little heart out on multiple bouncy houses and he even jumped around in a bungee harness.  I think gymnastics is helping a lot with his confidence because this is the kind of thing that he would have said that he wanted to do in the past, but then would have been too scared to once it was his turn.  Not this year--he stood in line patiently, holding his ticket, watching the bigger kids, and when it was his turn, he ran up to the harness and couldn't wait to get started.  

After bungee-ing, we had to take a breather with a warm brownie sundae.  I wanted funnel cakes but I was out-voted, 3-1.  What is wrong with everyone else in my family?!  Funnel cakes are the best!  The festival continues next weekend, so maybe I'll have to go back by myself, if only to get the treat I want.  








Note to self: Buy two lemonades.  Meltdown could have been averted. 





If Dan gets to bungee jump, then I'm going to stand in my stroller!
It's no funnel cake, but it'll do.

1 comment:

Layne said...

Great pictures! And Ben looks HUGE! :)