Monday, July 26, 2010

Okay, okay....

I know I've been MIA for awhile and I'm sorry! It's just been so darn hot here that we really don't do too much that's exciting enough to post on the blog! Tomorrow, I'll try and just take some pictures of us bumming around the house but I can't promise they'll be too thrilling.

So what's new around here? Well, I'm as big as a house but the end is in sight. Less than 4 weeks until my due date and my mom gets here in just over 3 weeks. We have several neighbors as back-ups in case Baby decides to show up early. I've been doing some hard-core nesting lately--all the newborn clothes and blankets are washed and put away, the furniture is rearranged to make room for the bassinet in our room, even the plantation shutters are dusted! No, I'm not available for off-site nesting. (:

Dan is a talking machine these days. I can't even begin to catalog all the words he knows. It's hard to believe that I was ever once worried about his verbal skills. He knows every kind of construction equipment (his favorite is the 'ment truck (cement mixer)) and he can even tell a jet from a helicopter in the sky. Whenever we see a helicopter near our house, he gets very excited and says, "Dada fly heckopter, dada fly heckopter." He's also very into puzzles and reading. I think Dan could sit and listen to books (especially Curious George and the Little Critter series) all day long.

Dan also really likes playing with the feathers that sometimes escape from our pillows and comforter. He calls them "bugs" which is pretty cute. The other day, he discovered that he can peek into the spice drawer if he stands on his tiptoes, so now he moves all the spices (which he calls "sauces") to the lid of the trash can and back. Which I had no problem with until he spilled the entire jar of peppercorns. Little sharp pepper BBs all over the floor feel really good when you step on them, if you were wondering. And even though I've swept many times since that day, I still keep finding them. Life with an almost-2-year-old!

1 comment:

Layne said...

BUGrehlgoiere... :)