Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Beach (belatedly)

When the Buffalo clan was here, we headed to the beach! I like to get there nice and early to get a good parking spot, so we arrived at about 8:30. After lugging our "homeless person cart" (what Zach calls our awesome beach gear holder) up and over the ramp, we set up shop near the pier in Surf City. Dan had a fantastic time digging in the sand, splashing in the water, throwing shells and rocks into the surf, and chasing around Joshua. With two other adults to help watch the little dude, I actually got to sit under the umbrella and relax for a little bit. Heaven! (I was totally validated in my decision to get in and out early because when we headed home around 11:30, the traffic to the beach was backed up almost to our house--5 miles away!)




No comments: