Thursday, April 29, 2010

Fun with Grandma and Grandpa

My parents were here last weekend and Dan had a great time wearing them out! My dad played in a golf tournament all weekend in Myrtle Beach but my mom stuck around and helped me chase after the little guy. On Saturday, we hosted a going-away party for our neighbor, Dave, who's headed to Afghanistan this week. Everyone had a great time, as evidenced by the fact that we had to kick people out so that we could go to sleep. I think the party moved to another neighbor's house, but that's fine with me--my bed was calling!

On Sunday, Dan took a great nap while the rest of us worked our tails off. Zach and my mom weeded and pruned and trimmed and killed ants in the yard while my dad and I put together a shelving system for the garage and organized everything in there. It was a great Sunday for taking care of business! That night, my parents took over child-care duties so Zach and I could go to a movie--our second one in 20 months! We saw Date Night and it was pretty funny. I especially loved the popcorn and sour patch kids. (:

Monday morning, we headed to breakfast at Mollie's, a cute little restaurant near the beach. After we ate, we headed over to the beach to let Dan run off some energy on a beautiful day. My parents left that afternoon and probably slept the whole flight home since we wore them out!

Reading with Grandpa after switching chairs:

At Mollies:


Surf City:




2 comments:

Lisa said...

What a fun weekend! Glad you guys got to go on a date!! In that last pic, Dan looks like he's saying, "Hey, people, what about me?! I'm supposed to be in the picture, too!"

~Kimberly said...

Love the beach pics!!! And the baby bump! You just look so cute! I bet Dan loves having more family around to entertain!