Wednesday, October 22, 2014

100th Birthday Party

Zach and I were honored to attend the 100th birthday celebration for his great uncle, Roger Rashman.  Roger is the brother of Zach's paternal grandfather, Gordon.  He lives in the Los Angeles area, so it was really great to be able to drive up for the night and see/meet a lot of family.  My sister watched the kids overnight (with the help of Jesse) and I think they were pretty well-behaved.  She didn't sprint for her car as soon as we got home on Monday, so that's a good sign.

Roger is an amazing man--he did a three-week trip to Asia earlier in the year, he does Pilates a couple of times a week, he's active at his Temple and country club.  I can only hope to be as physically and mentally active when I'm 64 years older.  It was a wonderful evening and I'm so glad that we live close enough to be a part of it.







And here's a picture that Lauren took after the kids were bathed and ready for bed:

No comments: