The Ball was at Pechanga Resort and Casino, a little north of us in Temecula. We didn't spend the night because my sister was watching all the kids and we thought that might be a little much for her on her first big baby-sitting job. Lauren survived and so did all the kids, with just some minor bruising (Ben whacked Dan across the face with a pail, standard stuff).
It was nice to have a night out, but the Ball isn't always the most fun. Long ceremony, uncomfortable uniform for Zach, not-great food, etc. Since we're pretty new to the squadron, I only knew a few people. Next year will probably be more fun. I just love getting dressed up and having my hair and makeup done. I rented a designer dress this year from Rent the Runway. That's definitely the way to go since I'm probably not ever going to own a $600+ dress. But I can rent one for the night and feel like a million bucks! (I wish I'd taken a picture of the back of the dress because it was draped and open-back and my favorite part.)
| Love the sparkles in the sunlight, |
| With Gaby and Liesel (Gaby's dress is from RtR too!) |
2 comments:
You look fabulous! Love the dress! I rented mine from RtR too! Will definitely do it again.
Beautiful couple
Post a Comment