Saturday, June 23, 2012

Layne's wedding!

(Only two weeks late!)

Layne and Alex were married on June 8th in the courtyard of Alex's parents' home.  It was a gorgeous ceremony and a really fun dinner and reception.  I was a bridesmaid and Dan was the ring bearer and we both did a great job!  Well, Dan especially.  I had arranged with the best man to give Dan a new train when he handed the rings over, so Dan had a little bit of incentive to get up the aisle.  After he traded the rings for the train, he walked over to Zach, who was waiting at one of the doors to the courtyard, and said loudly, "Look, Daddy! A new train!" Everyone chuckled at that one.

During the wedding and reception, Dan and Ben stayed in the basement with the baby-sitters and the other kids.  They had tons of toys and movies and food down there, so it really was a great situation for everyone.  Zach and I got to enjoy ourselves without worrying about the boys breaking things or falling into the pool or hot tub.  And they got to play with new stuff and new people.  We had a wonderful time and are so happy for Layne and Alex as they start their life together!





Check out that gorgeous flower arrangement!




"So, can I get your number?"



Dan did try to steal one of those chocolate strawberries.  Too bad about 25 people were watching.


Proof that Ben was there too!

1 comment:

Alaina said...

Beautiful bride and beautiful wedding! Congrats Layne!