Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Exploration Place, etc.

I know, I know, I've been a blog slacker.  But I have a good excuse: my baby sister Layne got married last Friday!  So things were pretty busy around here, with lots of family in town (including Zach!) and tons of wedding-related activities.  Now I just need to play some catch-up on this here blog.

Two weeks ago, I took the boys to Exploration Place, a children's interactive museum near downtown Wichita.  Dan and Ben had a great time, even if a lot of the activities were geared toward slightly older kids.  (A new Star Wars exhibit just opened, but I didn't get tickets for that since neither of the boys have even heard of Star Wars and I've only ever seen the original movie once.)  So we just climbed on things, explored the nature exhibits, and checked out Kansas in Miniature (a model train display).








We've also been doing "nature walks" (as Dan calls them) through a little wooded area near Sedgwick County Park.  I like it because it's shaded and quiet and not so long of a walk that Ben's legs get tired.  The boys like it because they can jump off the benches and pick up bugs and just explore.



No comments: