On Monday, my mom and I made the drive with Dan and Ben down to the farm in Oklahoma. After grabbing a quick nap in the afternoon, I turned right back around and drove to Oklahoma City with my aunt for the Thunder-Lakers game. It was Game 5 of their playoff series and Aunt Earlyn just might be the biggest Thunder fan in the whole state. And now I can honestly say that I am a fan too! The team was really fun to watch and I'm so glad that I got to go to my first ever NBA playoff game (which OKC won to close out the series!) with a true fan. We didn't get home until around 1 am so Tuesday morning came very early because sleeping in is not an option with Dan and Ben around....
The first thing they decided to do after breakfast and our morning walk was rearrange the bear collection on the rarely-used second floor. They decided to make a "fort" out of all the bears, plus their own blankets and bears. The teddy bears were definitely cute, but I think my boys are cuter!
Later on, they pushed their carts down to Unc's barn. They both loved climbing all over Little John (small tractor) and Big John (big tractor). To this city girl, the barn looked to be full of lots of things that could maim or dismember small children, so of course they wanted to play there all the time. The floor of the barn is just dirt, which made a lovely cloud of dust when the boys ran around and pushed their carts at warp speed. So we went immediately to the bath after the barn!
After bath and supper, Ben wanted to watch the hummingbirds have their supper. Then he got a scare when a large non-hummingbird showed up!
No comments:
Post a Comment