Saturday, May 5, 2012

Last Beach Day

One thing that Kansas will definitely be lacking is the ocean.  Since I've lived on or near the water for the last 16 years, this might be a bit of an adjustment.  But I think I'll manage!  I'm kind of looking forward to not feeling guilty that the beach is five miles away and we still hardly ever go.  (:  It's kind of a production to take two kids, plus a cooler, a bag with dry clothes, towels, umbrellas, food, and toys to the beach!

On Thursday, my mom and I loaded up all that stuff, plus Dan and Ben, and headed out for a final beach day with some of my girlfriends and their kids.  We were a big group: Emily (with Maddie), Natalie (with Benjamin and Noah), Gaby (with Chloe and Fiona), Kim (with Richie and Michael), Robin (with Charlie), and Andi (with Jackson).  Whew!  

It was a perfect few hours of sun, sand, and water.  We went to Onslow Beach on Camp Lejeune and rented a structure called a seashell, so we had a covered area with picnic tables and storage, plus a shower with hot water for rinsing off.  The tide had just gone out, so all the kids just played in the tidepools which allowed the moms to talk instead of constantly rescuing kids from the ocean.  If all our beach days were like this one, we would go a lot more often!







No comments: