Saturday, March 17, 2012

Spring is here!

I know, I know, it's been a whole 10 days since my last post.  In my defense, I was in Hawaii for five of those 10 days and Zach had his hands full with two sick kids while I was gone.  He even had to take Ben to the ER for a fever that just wouldn't come down.  So I spent my first few days at home making sure the boys were on the mend and the house was put back together.

Yesterday, a little park in our neighborhood had its grand opening and we went, mostly for the free food!  The boys ran around while the ribbon-cutting was happening and then played with their friends so I could chat with the neighbors.  When we got back to our house, the weather was too nice to go indoors so they played with the water table and dug in the garden while I read on the back porch.  Even though our winter was extremely mild, it's still nice to officially welcome back spring!




My new favorite picture of sweet Ben
Dan getting his face pummeled by balloons on a windy day
That is the face of a boy who wants a cookie NOW






2 comments:

Jes said...

I make the same face when I really want a cookie. Especially if I just got donkey punched by balloons.

Alaina said...

Hawaii?! What? Lucky dog :)