Wednesday, March 7, 2012

The Little Red Caboose

We had a rough Leap Day last week--Dan spent the night before throwing up and that continued all throughout the day.  Then I joined the upset tummy party at 4 am and it was really downhill from there.  After taking Dan to the doctor's (apparently there is a crazy virus going around; one of the local elementary schools sent home 70 kids in one day), we were down for the count for most of Wednesday and Thursday.  

Of course the weather was gorgeous while we were sick and then turned rainy and cold for the weekend.  So we mostly stayed inside and disinfected the house.  On Sunday, we hyped up The Lorax for the kids only to get there and find out every show was sold out.  Instead, we bought Dan a Thomas train at Barnes & Noble and spent about as much as the movies would have cost!  

We're all back to normal now and I'm getting ready for my short trip to Hawaii tomorrow.  Pray that the rains stop so the beach wedding I'm attending can actually happen on the beach!

Here's a video of Dan "reading" The Little Red Caboose.  What a great memory this kid has!  He misses maybe five words in the whole story.  And I love his inflection, especially when he says, "Oh, smoke!"

4 comments:

Layne said...

Wow! Are you sure he's not just reading? :)

The Georgers said...

Awesome!!

The Rashman Family said...

How cute!

Melanie B. said...

Holy Moly!!! I can't believe he has all of that down. WOW!!! Cutie patootie!