This year for Thanksgiving, Lauren and Jesse came up from Tampa so we could stay close to home. I can't say it was the most relaxing few days for our guests, who are used to a nice, quiet, toddler-free home, but I hope they had fun anyway! On Thursday, we headed over to the Elseroad's house for the big meal. Joe and Beth live in the next town over and were gracious enough to host us and a few other people for Thanksgiving. Beth put some great pictures on her blog, which you can find
here. Dan and Ben love their giant backyard with a tree swing, a hammock, and a fire pit. Guess which is their favorite! When in doubt, always guess the most dangerous thing. The weather was really nice, so we were able to be outside a lot.
 |
| Showing baby Jack that all the cool kids know how to walk. |
 |
| Aerating Joe's garden for next year. |
On Friday, we hosted a Leftovers-and-Dessert party at our house. Lauren and I have come to the conclusion that everyone gets too stuffed on Thanksgiving to really appreciate the desserts, so we decided to showcase them on their own special day. We invited people to bring leftovers to share and then we provided brand-new desserts to sample. I think everyone had a great time and maybe we just started a new tradition!
 |
| Dan's taking a breather with Joe between desserts. |
No comments:
Post a Comment