Friday, July 1, 2011

40th Anniversary Party

Just as we recovered from one big party, we moved right on to the next!  On June 12th, 1971, my parents got married, so we celebrated exactly 40 years later.  My parents didn't want a big fancy party but they did want as many of their friends and family to be there, so my sisters and I threw a very casual barbecue supper at their church.  Poor Dan--after going to the wedding and then to this party, I think he was expecting a party every single night we were home.

Here are a few pictures from my mom and dad's wedding (don't they look like they're 15?!):



Forty years later:

Besides the delicious cake for dessert, we also had a chocolate fountain with all the dipping treats.  It was definitely a mistake to dress Dan in a white shirt, that's for sure.


Sorry there's not more pics of the boys, but I was pretty busy the whole night!  There will be plenty of pictures of them in upcoming posts when we go to the farm in Oklahoma,  I promise.

1 comment:

Alaina said...

I love the recreation of the cake! Tell your parents I said "congrats!"